Personal tax

Self-Assessment for Company Directors and individuals with multiple sources of income. Calculating the tax liability, making the most of allowances and submitting returns to HMRC.

Personal Income TAX

Income Tax is a tax you pay on your income. You don’t have to pay tax on all types of income.

Incomes Not Eligible for Income Tax

  • Income from tax-exempt accounts, like Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs) and National Savings Certificates
  • Some state benefits
  • Premium bond or National Lottery wins
  • The first £4,250 of rent you get from a lodger in your home.

Incomes Eligible to Income Tax

  • Money you earn from employment
  • Profits you make if you’re self-employed
  • Some State Benefits
  • Most pensions, including state pensions, company and personal pensions and retirement annuities
  • Interest on savings and pensioner bonds
  • Rental income (unless you’re a live-in landlord and get £4,250 or less)
  • Benefits you get from your job
  • Income from a trust
  • Dividends from company shares
  • Gains from Sale of Assets or shares in business

Relief & Allowances

The following relieves and allowances are available for UK people:

  • Personal Allowance (This is the amount of income you don’t have to pay tax).
  • Tax Relief (if Qualify).

Payment Methods

The following payment methods can be applied for the income tax.

  • PAYE (Pay As You Earn)
  • Self-Assessment Tax Return
  • Income Tax on saving and Investment Interest

"In the two years since setting up my business, i've had to change accountants twice – not out of choice but because was growing and I felt that they couldn't support me as much as I needed. When I met Riz to have a chat about our mutual businesses he explained how they worked and we just clicked. They set me up on Clearbooks so all my invoices are being logged as we're doing them and we both have access so that updates are immediate. I can now run reports on my own to get an overview of my financial situation at any time – a huge advantage for any small business. Riz and his 2E team have revolutionised my life – no more spending weekend doing VAT or Tax returns and i'm confident that everything is in perfect order in their hands!"

– Chantel Elshout , Director, Chantel Elshout Design Consultancy

Comparison of our services

Management reports

Service Personal Tax Annual Accounts and Compliance Finance Department
Monthly management reports Yes
Aged debtors & creditors analysis Yes
Reports on reconciliations and ad-hoc reports Yes


Service Personal Tax Annual Accounts and Compliance Finance Department
Supplier & clients data records Yes
Record purchase invoices Yes
Record sales invoices Yes
Payment allocations Yes
Bank reconciliations Yes
VAT reconciliations Yes
PAYE reconciliations Yes
Fixed asset register & depreciations Yes
Sales invoices Yes
Prepayments and accruals reconciliations Yes
Salary Journals Yes


Service Personal Tax Annual Accounts and Compliance Finance Department
Payroll reporting Yes Yes
Payslips, P45, P46 etc. Yes Yes
RTI submissions Yes Yes


Service Personal Tax Annual Accounts and Compliance Finance Department
Abbreviated accounts Yes Yes
Full accounts Yes Yes
iXBRL tagged reports Yes Yes
Corporation Tax calculation Yes Yes
Corporation Tax Returns-CT600 Yes Yes
Submission to HMRC Yes Yes
Submission to Companies House Yes Yes
Year-end adjustments Yes Yes

Self assessment

Service Personal Tax Annual Accounts and Compliance Finance Department
Personal tax calculations Yes Yes Yes
Personal tax returns Yes Yes Yes
Partnership returns Yes Yes Yes


Services Fee (excluding VAT)
Self Assessment Return £200
Sole Traders accounts with turnover less than £50,000 £300
Sole Traders accounts with turnover between £50,000 and £100,000 £700

Our fee is payable in advance. If a service is not based on a fixed fee, an invoice will be raised on an estimate and an adjusting invoice or credit note will be raised after the completion or at a reasonable point.

We work with